Pasco fire crews responded to a call Tuesday morning after 10:15 am. for what was said to be an explosion and fire at the OXARC facility in Pasco. Streets in the area including Oregon Ave between Holden St and A Street were closed. An active fire was found inside the building, however the sprinklers appeared to have contained the fire to the acetylene room. Fire crews are working with employees of OXARC to shut off gas to the building before entering. In the meantime, residents have been advised to stay indoors due to vapor clouds that were emitted into the air. Schools nearby are also on lockdown. The building was safely evacuated and there is no word of any injuries. Just before noon the fire fighters requested a rehab unit for ice refreshment and sacked lunches as they awaited the gas to be shut off.
top of page
bottom of page